Physicians’ Reciprocal Insurers (PRI) is accredited by the Medical Society of the State of New York to sponsor CMEs for physicians. Physicians who participate in PRI’s risk management programs are awarded CME credits upon successful completion of the program.
PRI’s programs are developed and managed by seasoned healthcare professionals who understand the complexities of medical practice in today’s environment. PRI’s risk management programs are complimentary to PRI insureds and their staff, and include:
- In-office consultations for small and large practices
- Telephone consultation on risk management and legal issues (during business hours)
- Web-based online educational programs with 24X7 access
- Live seminars and workshops, providing in-person access to PRI’s experienced risk management faculty
In addition, PRI offers the following as part of their multi-faceted approach to helping physicians prevent negative outcomes, injury and lawsuits:
- CME: Online Education & Risk Management: Physicians can take PRI’s online courses to earn CME credits and a 5% discount on malpractice insurance premiums.
- Closed Case Abstracts: Physicians can review summaries of actual malpractice cases that can reveal important patient safety tips.
- PRI insureds can access risk management manuals which are periodically updated and revised.
- PRI has created the ‘Physician Peer Support Program‘, a new and innovative program designed to assist their physicians when they are faced with an unexpected complication, a medical error, or malpractice litigation.
PRI offers 2 different programs:
Basic 5-Hour Program
This course is for those physicians who need to satisfy the New York State Insurance Department Excess 5 hour program, and/or for those physicians who are eligible to receive a 5% discount. After completing the course, each physician will be awarded 8 CME credits.
3-Hour Follow up Program
This course is for those physicians who need to satisfy the New York State Insurance Department Excess 3 hour follow up program, and/or for those physicians who need to renew their 5% discount. After completing the course, each physician will be awarded 5 CME credits.
IF you would like to explore all your options, and maximize the savings on your malpractice insurance, please contact PriMed Consulting at 800.528.3758.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. PriMed Consulting is an independent medical professional liability agency serving NY & NJ.
Source: PRI website